There are many instructors teaching Agents how to use Twitter, but few teaching Agents how to develop social media strategy in the Valley. Lady Gaga has over 8 million followers on Twitter, but unless you are willing to pick up a microphone and write Grammy-worthy tunes, you will need some solid social media strategy to pick up followers. We like to see our Subscriber succeed, so here are some great Twitter strategy pointers:
@ARMLS Follower Mosaic
1. It’s not the number of followers you have but the quality of those followers that matters. Often times you will gain followers who just want to be followed back, they don’t care about your messages but are playing the “numbers game”. Adjust your content to attract the right crowd. It is better to have 250 followers who read your messages than 1,000 who just ignore them.
2. Pick a niche. Are you the green homes agent? Higley home expert? Phoenix property manager extraordinaire? Surprise Short Sale specialist? Chances are you work a segment of the market, own that segment on Twitter as well.
3. Be interesting. Interesting tweets get ReTweeted and spread much further into the Twittersphere. This is the best way to gain new followers. Tweet breaking news, interesting home ownership stats, staging articles, and other interesting bits that attract potential homeowners.
4. Follow and develop a relationship with fellow Real Estate tweeters. Having others help spread your messages (and vice versa) will give you credibility and extend your reach.
5. Treat Twitter as a community, not just a place to syndicate listings. Engage in conversation directly, example: “@homebuyer I have a few listings I would like to show you, if you are still searching for your dream home.”
Take these strategy points and expand them to your area of expertise. Don’t forget to follow @ARMLS while you’re at it! Feel free to share your own Twitter tips in the comments below.