Want to know your client’s Opt-In status in Flexmls? Subscribers can now view subscription statuses for all contacts in one clean, real-time, easy-to-read report: the Opt-In Status Report. The report can be run directly from Flexmls Web and allows you to:
- • See contacts with a Pending status and provide a link to resend the opt-in email request
- • See email addresses flagged as Undeliverable and jump to a contact’s record in order to edit their email address and ensure their opt-in email can get through
- • See when Confirmed email addresses will lapse
- • See who has Opted-Out of receiving emails in order to follow up with them personally
To access the Opt-In Status Report, go to the Contacts Menu and click Opt-In Status.
The report has five tabs to help you manage your subscriptions: Pending Opt-In, Undeliverable, Confirmed, Opted Out, and Inactive. Each tab is explained in detail below. Each tab displays 25 contacts at once. If you have more than 25 contacts within a particular status, click on the page number found in the report’s right corner to view more contacts.
The Pending Opt-In tab shows contacts who have been sent an opt-in request. The opt-in request includes a link to confirm their email address and to indicate that they want listing update emails. Until the contact clicks the link, listing updates will not be sent. The Pending status indicates that, although they have received the opt-in request email, they have not yet clicked to confirm their email address.
The Days Pending Column indicates how many days have gone by since the opt-in email request was sent to them. If you would like to manually resend the opt-in email, click the Resend Request link.
Note: You can only resend the link once, so it would be appropriate to contact the user personally before clicking the Resend Request option. Click on a contact’s name to view their full contact information including all phone numbers and email addresses you have associated with the contact in Flexmls.
The Undeliverable tab shows contacts with email addresses that have been flagged as undeliverable. Contacts shown on this tab are unable to receive opt-in requests or listing updates via email. The Days Undeliverable column shows how long the email address has been marked as undeliverable, and the Reason column indicates the reason why email is not being sent to the address.
A contact’s email address may be flagged as undeliverable in the following situations:
- The address doesn’t exist – The email address, as listed, may be incorrect. The suggested course of action is to contact the individual personally and verify their email address.
- Considered spam – Either the contact or their email provider has marked your message as spam. The suggested course of action is for the contact to search their spam folder, find the email, and mark the sender as Not Spam. Once they have done so, you can resend the opt-in email.
- Unknown technical error – This indicates that contact’s email provider had a technical issue with the delivery.
- Recipient mailbox full – The contact’s mailbox is full and cannot accept incoming email. The suggested course of action is to contact the individual and allow them to clear out their Inbox so they can receive incoming email. Once they have done so, you can resend the opt-in email.
The Confirmed tab shows all of your contacts who have confirmed that they have a valid email address and would like to receive listing updates via email. The Days Until Lapsed column indicates how many days must pass with no activity before the contact’s email address lapses and it is marked as Inactive. A contact’s email address status will stay Confirmed, and they will receive listing updates indefinitely, as long as they click any listing link in their subscription email at least once every 13 months.
The Last Click in Subscription Email column indicates the last time the contact clicked a link to view listings from their subscription email.
The Opted Out tab shows contacts who have clicked the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of a listing updates email and opted out. These contacts have manually clicked to opt out of receiving listing updates via email. The Days Opted Out column shows how many days have passed since each contact opted out of receiving subscription emails. The Last Click in Subscription Email column indicates the last time the contact clicked a link to view listings from their subscription email.
If you would like to manually resend the opt-in email request, click the Resend Request link (not pictured above).
Remember: The contact has already manually opted out of receiving listing updates via email, so you should only resend the opt-in request if they have contacted you and indicated that they would like to start receiving listing updates again. If you believe they have opted out by mistake, please contact them before resending the opt-in email. Click on a contact’s name to view their full contact information including all phone numbers and email addresses you have associated with the contact in Flexmls.
The Inactive tab shows all contacts who have been marked as Inactive due to the contact not clicking a link in their subscription email for 13 months. No listing updates are sent to inactive email addresses. If you would like to invite the contact to subscribe to listing updates, you can manually resend the opt-in email by clicking the Resend Request link.
Note: You can only resend the link once, so before sending it, we recommend reaching out to the user to see if it was received. To resend, click on the Resend Request option. Click on the contact’s name to view their full contact information including all phone numbers and email addresses you have associated with the contact in Flexmls. If you need to send the request a second time, please contact our Helpdesk at 480-303-7249.